Hugh Rutledge, MD
- 40+ Years of Experience
- Seniors and Middle-Age Specialist
- ER Experience
Dr. Rutledge brings more than 40 years of experience to the Palm Harbor Medical Center team, including multiple decades spent in private practice here in Palm Harbor as well as several years as an emergency room physician at Helen Ellis Hospital in Tarpon Springs at the start of his career. After completing his undergraduate education at the University of South Carolina, he earned his medical degree at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston before embarking on his internship and residency in internal medicine at the University of South Florida in Tampa.
In addition to seeing patients at Palm Harbor Medical Center, Dr. Rutledge serves as an associate counselor from the state of Florida to the Southern Medical Association.
When not in the office, Dr. Rutledge enjoys spending time with his family as well as playing tennis, wind surfing and skiing.
- Associate Counselor, Southern Medical Association
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Medical Degree, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Bachelor of Science, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- Internal medicine
- Geriatric conditions
- Chronic disease management
Palm Harbor Medical Center
34637 U.S. Highway 19 N
Palm Harbor, Florida 34684